Certain substances that affect the Central Nervous System (CNS) can influence the
results on this test. Therefore, it is very important to avoid the following for 48 hours (2 days) prior to the test:
1. No alcohol (including beer, wine, and mixed drinks)
3. No caffeine on the day of the test (coffee, tea, chocolate, cola, Big Red, etc.)
Failure to comply with these instructions will compromise test results and may result in your test being rescheduled for another day. Please call to cancel if you have accidentally used anything that is not permitted.
4. You may eat, but a light meal only is recommended. You may feel nauseous or dizzy during a portion of the test, and your stomach will likely feel better without a full stomach.
5. No foundation or eye make-up
6. Remove contact lenses before the exam.
7. Most people feel well after the test and can go about their day, however a small percentage have lingering nausea or dizziness and do not feel comfortable driving afterwards. You may wish to have a driver transport you afterwards.